More Hand Quilting and a video and more book covers

I have been working on hand quilting the background

I made a video of how I am doing that.

I also made some more book covers.

DSCN0521 DSCN0520 DSCN0519 DSCN0518

I used some Faux Leather on a few and it worked pretty well.    I think I’ll try a few with real leather at some point.

I made one for a gift so I added an initial

Teddy says HI

29 thoughts on “More Hand Quilting and a video and more book covers

1. Mrs. Plum says:

Your background quilting looks fabulous, Tim. That quilt just keeps getting better and better. Teddy looks handsome as always.

2. Wilma Scholl says:

Oh, you got my initial wrong, it should have been “W” lol

3. Tim, you said you made the book covers with faux leather, are some of these made with cotton too? Would love to see the pattern!

4. averyclaire says:

Love your book covers…turned out really nice. Just watched your quilt video on the rose quilt. You mentioned you washed your fabric, back and front (which I do as well), but you talked about washing the batting. Do you wash and dry this batting before you layer the quilt??? If so….amazing…never thought to do that!!! Your rose quilt is exquisite!!1

5. Helen says:

I’m amazed that you don’t use a thimble. I love the way the quilt is looking.

I tried for years to find one that would work for me…..I finally decided it was easier for me without one…..I do use one when I do binding by hand

6. Cheri says:

I learn so much from you and especially so from your videos. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your work. I truly appreciate it. Just curious about why you wash the wool batting if you aren’t preshrinking it. Is it the chemical issue? Thanks again!

thanks…….I dont prewash it…..I was talking in that case about washing it when it is done, but it didn’t come out to clear in the video 😦

7. katechiconi says:

Great video, thanks for that, and for the information about the Crayola washable markers.

8. Cheri says:

Oops! I should have read the comments before I asked about pre washing the batt. Never mind!

I just added a note to the video so hopefully that will clear up the confusion for everyone……I get to taking and I dont always make things as clear as I thought 🙂

9. Bea says:

Beautiful hand quilting, Tim.

10. Pam G says:

Your book covers are awesome! The video is so helpful. Thank you for sharing your wealth of information so the rest of us can benefit. Hello to Teddy.

11. Jenny says:

Thank you Tim for taking the time to make this video. You inspired me to take up hand quilting last year and I actually finished the quilt and gave it to my sister with MS to snuggle under. This new video opens up a whole new world of possibilities. The generosity with which you share your skills is greatly appreciated.Thank you

12. Girl in the Stix says:

These are beautiful Tim!

13. sandra says:

I am so amazed by all the different ways that u quilt..i am going to try out wool batting for my next quilt and hand quilt it too..i love the way the design of the quilting shows up..you have so much patience to hand quilt like you do..

Comments