Basting

I am trying out something new.  I am basting a quilt using my hand quilting frame.   I loaded the quilt like I would for hand quilting but I will pin baste it in the frame then take it out for quilting.

I have a book cover in progress with the Singer 15

And I had Teddy do a check on the Rose Quilt

Click on pictures to enlarge

14 thoughts on “Basting

Teddy looks focused….his conclusion?

2. Mrs. Plum says:

Your rose quilt is looking fabulous, Tim!

3. Susan says:

Your hand quilting frame – is it a bare bones frame, or does it have multiple rollers so you can load backing, batting and top separately.

4. Annette R says:

Hi Tim,
    I have loaded a quilt into a friend’s long arm so I could pin baste it for hand quilting. Worked great.

5. Jackie B. says:

What a beautiful photo of Teddy….the quilt is amazing!
    I enjoy your videos.

6. Janice says:

The quilt I just made I pin basted using my quilt frame, and it worked brilliantly! I don’t have very much floor space, and my floor is carpeted too,so basting has always been a challenge, not to mention back breaking. I was really happy with my results, so I plan to use this method from now on unless my quilt is wider than my frame. Can’t wait to hear if you like this method or not. And your Rose quilt is totally gorgeous! 🙂

7. Elizabeth Marsden says:

This message has nothing to do with your quilt but I was looking after my neighbours pets whilst they were away and I noticed that she has a very old Frister Rossman treddle sewing machine and I immediately thought of you. Do you have a FR machine? Have a good day. X

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )