Double Irish Chain

I posted a few days ago about the quilt I put in the frame for basting.

I pin basted it in the frame and then took it out to machine quilt it on my treadle

I had a few questions about how the frame worked and how to do the set up so next time I do this I will take pictures to show the process.

Here is a picture that shows the rails on the frame.

I got some of the treadle quilting done.

DSCN0809DSCN0813DSCN0812DSCN0811

And did a video about that part of it.

13 thoughts on “Double Irish Chain

1. Susie Q says:

This video did not have cc last the others so I have no idea what you said…. the hints etc. Not sure how the cc gets there but without it I am lost.

sorry but that is beyond my ability to understand……there may be some way to activate it but it is not something I do from my end ………all I can suggest is turn up the volume 😦

I’ll try to figure out how I can get it to work…….it is not my specialty but I’ll see what I can do

• Angela says:

Tim, I don’t know if she is talking about converting to MP3 or something like that. If that is the case, you may want to look at this http://www.clipconverter.cc/

thanks…..not sure that is going to do it….I think somehow youtube puts closed captions in my videos and didnt on this one…..and i am trying to find out how to make that happen in this one……unfortunately so far no luck so I am back to re-uploading the many individual clips and then I will re-edit and try again to see if the cc appears…..the process is really convoluted and takes several hours because I dont have a decent camera or software

2. Diana says:

Love your videos and learning about the vintage machines and how they work. Amazing to know that an older machine can still be working. I may have missed it, but, how do you put thread on the bobbin? Also, I see that you have a wooden quilt frame, do you use a machine on that or use it for basting. Thanks!

I will have to show how the bobbin winds on another video….I’ll do that when I show how I do the border quilting. The wooden frame is really for hand quilting but It is what I used to baste this quilt….and it sure is better than doing it on the floor πŸ™‚

3. Mrs. Plum says:

Tim, I can’t believe how quickly your machine quilting skills are improving! I’m so impressed.

4. Linda says:

Thanks, Tim! That is very resourceful of you to use your quilting frame to pin baste. Can’t wait to see more πŸ™‚

5. Hmmm–I can’t get any sound, but for closed captioning just click on the CC button at the bottom. That is working for me.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )