A New Teddy Quilt Shaping Up

I think I posted this picture of Teddy watching me quilt a while ago.

teddy couch

I am in the process of making a quilt based on the photo

I have a lot more to do before I am ready to quilt it but it is a good start ….

My Mackintosh Rose quilt will be at AQS quilt week in Grand Rapids MI August 10-13 and in Des Moines Iowa October 5 – 8

DSCN6822 DSCN6821

I’ll let you know if it wins anything 🙂

A few people have asked about the Crayola markers I have been using ….some have said they did not wash out for them so I decided to do a test on white fabric to show my results.

Here I marked the fabric

and here it is after a wash and a quick pressing

I have never had any problems….but it never hurts to test your fabric first

33 thoughts on “A New Teddy Quilt Shaping Up

1. Sue says:

Aww…. no words for how sweet the Teddy quilt is, not to mention the photo and the actual Teddy.

2. Martyne says:

My goodness what an awesome Teddy Quilt Tim! Perfect! Hi Teddy.

3. Jaydee Price says:

Teddy is so cute. I use the crayons markers too and no problems here. Thank you for the the hint.

4. Tamie says:

Are they sure they were using the Ultra Washable ones?

5. Leslie Sanders says:

Tim, I saw that comment, too and had a moment of panic since those are the markers I just purchased. Like you, I marked up a piece of my white fabric and threw it in with the load of wash I was doing. My piece came out clean as a whistle! And I have a front loader washer. Sounds like different fabric reacts differently, so testing is probably the safest thing to do.

6. Katherine says:

Oh Tim! The Teddy quilt is almost as adorable as the original!

7. Sue Thom says:

Tim, Teddy’s quilt is just endearing!

8. Susan says:

Love the Teddy quilt! Not to mention the original Teddy. What a sweet face…

9. Denice says:

The problem with the markers is usually if they are allowed to sit on the fabric during the whole quilting process. If you are a hand quilter, like I am, it takes awhile before a quilt is washed at the end of the quilting process. Letting the markers stay on the fabric can be the problem. The colors won’t set if the fabric is marked and washed immediately. Buyer beware.

10. Chris Wells says:

Heat can set the markers also. No leaving set in the sunlight or using an iron on it. I have used them and no issues. Using the Dawn dishwashing liquid also helps. Chris

I have pressed the top after marking and with these markers it doesn’t seem to make a difference, with the blue water wash away quilt markers it is true that heat will set the ink

11. Donna K says:

Congrats on your quilt getting juried in to the two AQS shows! Best of luck on winning.

12. Sharron Evans says:

Congratulations on your quilt going to AQS! Such an honor. BUT – that Teddy quilt is just to die for. That is the most precious dog and with so much charisma!

13. Jan Smith says:

You’ve really captured him!
    The shows you mentioned are just a few hours drive for me. I’ll say hi if I’m able to make one of them.

14. Barbara Rasch says:

Teddy quilt is just like him. Wonderful.He is so photogenic. Congratulations on your quilt going to AQS.c

15. Ginney says:

I love the new Teddy quilt. Is his face machine embroidered or is the fabric lined in such a way that it looks like fur?

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )