Where does the time go?

I have been so busy I have forgotten to blog!   I am not sure where the time goes but I suspect that a lot of it is sewn into a quilt 😉

If you have been reading for a while you have seen this quilt in progress before. (I am close to the half way point now)

I have a lot of time to think while hand quilting.   One of the things I have been thinking about is making a pattern for it.

I wondered how it would work as a whole cloth rather than an applique.     Rather than take away hand quilting time to try it out I decided to try it on my treadle.    Just the center motif.

DSCN0985 DSCN1002

I realize not everyone would quilt it like this but I wanted to see if it had potential for a whole cloth design and I think it does, either for machine or hand quilting.     I plan to offer it as a pattern soon.

If you want to see how I did the quilting here are a few videos

I have also been practicing my treadle embroidery

I have this stack of fabric that is calling my name

They will turn into a quilt top soon.  I have some ideas but need to think for another day (sometimes I have more ideas than fabric)

One of my favorite machines died and I found another for 20 dollars…..I took the two of them apart and made them into one working machine

I’ll piece the new top on this one.

Back to hand quilting now……..it is cool enough today to get under a quilt without passing out!

8 thoughts on “Where does the time go?

1. Teresa Barensfeld says:

Exquisite quilting, as usual! Thanks for blogging again. After a long day, it was such a pleasure to open my email and see a post from “TimQuilts”! Also, your use of treadle machines is making me want to get my old treadle machine — which was an antique even when I used it as a child — out of retirement and get it going again.
    Thanks for adding so much beauty to the world!

2. Pam G says:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Totally amazing. I cannot believe the treadle embroidery – speechless again.

3. Amie says:

Its so fun to explore our world beyond just we know or what we’ve been taught, the magic of quilting is that the ideas, techniques and projects are infinite!! Hand, machines, antique, modern, its an endless art. Love seeing what your up to 🙂 Oh and I downsized my treadles down to just 4…go me!! 😂😂😂😂 Next time I want Teddy to talk to us too, love that sweet boy🐾🐾🐾🐾

4. Carolyn Harness says:

Glad you’re back! I was wondering if I had “unsubscribed” or something, by mistake! And the rose embroidery, done on a treadle machine, is unbelievable. What an incredible artistic eye you have.

5. I also have the comment “wow”. Maybe someone should bring treadle machines back.

6. lilquilter says:

Tim…your skill and creativity never cease to amaze and inspire me. Mechanic, designer, hand and machine stitcher, and the list goes on! Thanks, as ever, for sharing your adventures with your fans. Quilt on!

7. Dorothy Matheson says:

If you need more of the gingham fabric I have a bag of it.

8. Linda Garcia says:

The older viking sewing machines are my favorites also. The low gear is the best. My go to machine for mending jeans. My mother gave me a brand new top of the line machine similar to the one you have for my high school graduation present. [Other kids got cars and I got a fantastic sewing machine 🙂 ] It was dark brown and had more cams than yours shows. My mother herself had one like yours. I inherited her machine and am using hers now as mine also died. I was so sad that I used it to death! That’s cool that you were able to get a working machine from the two of them.

Comments