Some Hand Quilting and the Start of Piecing

I started to get working on the piecing of this quilt
dscn1397

I made a video of how I am doing that……..I am testing a new camera

More piecing soon …..with different colors πŸ˜‰

I’m watching election returns because I can’t help it, but working on some hand quilting

dscn1400

28 thoughts on “Some Hand Quilting and the Start of Piecing

1. Ranchwife in Nebraska says:

I LOVE hearing that treadle machine! Makes me anxious to get mine up and running. (I have been refurbishing the cabinet.) A Model 66 goes in it. I also have an 1880’s Davis treadle, but I’ve been lazy about cleaning it and figuring out how to load the bullet shuttle bobbin.

2. Glenda johnstone says:

I have recently found you and you post. I smile when I see your name come up in email. I love your work. I am so following every step of your new quilt . You are so gifted.

3. glendajean says:

Morning Tim and Teddy and a big Hi from Sunny FNQLD. Where the birds are rushing around and building nests and the trees are all in full flower it looks beautiful. Tim that design looks so exciting, can not wait till tomorrow morning! LOL. Happy sewing. Cheers Glenda Australia.

4. Susan says:

Thanks for the video on the start of this new quilt. I am impressed with all the parts that you need to coordinate – the convex and concave curves, the pinning and pucker-taming, and then you are using your legs to power the machine!!! Just love it!

5. You do such wonderful work, whether by hand or machine. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

6. Linda Dove says:

Love the new project Tim….you are amazingly creative!

7. ellennorman says:

DH and I are watching the races this evening but had to check out your next beautiful quilt! Looks fantastic so far! Can’t wait to see your next blog! Always amazing!
    Max the Chi says hello to Teddy πŸ™‚

8. Kathi C Anderson says:

Ah ha! I get it now. Love the scrappy sections and colors.

9. Suzette Shoulders says:

Your work is so wonderful, and so inspirational, Tim! What better thing to do while watching returns than hand quilt? Actually, I think I will be hand piecing.. working on a forever Grandmother’s Flower Garden! Thanks for blogging!

10. Amie says:

Tim are you growing a beard??!!πŸŽ…πŸΌ

11. Hilde GermonprΓ© says:

Hoi Tim, thank you for sharing your beauties !! It makes me hungry and inspires me to continue my patching .. greets from Belgium

12. Beautiful work. Your posts always inspire me. Thank you.

13. Becky says:

No matter what you are working on, it is fabulous! Thanks for keeping all aspects of quilting alive.

14. Juliet says:

So awesome! I need to stop by sometime and take a lesson. If Teddy doesn’t mind I will bring along MacDougal for company!

Comments