Happy Thanksgiving

I got the Singer into the treadle and took it for a test drive.

Here is the video…..please overlook my filthy hands…..when I clean a machine I get lots of oil and gunk under my nails 🙂

Baking pie tonight…..
hope that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving

norman-rockwell-freedom-from-want-1943
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.
-JFK

30 thoughts on “Happy Thanksgiving

1. Susan says:

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving. I am grateful to you for all that you share with us.

2. Gayle Bosscher says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you Tim. I’m thankful for all you’ve taught me and shared with us this year. So grateful for your inspiration. Now I’m going to go cut my fabric snowflake – that will challenge all my skills and patience.

3. Nina says:

Beautiful Tim….Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

4. Ann says:

Love the creative direction your treadeling is taking you! The projects are really beautiful!!

Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. Yum, pie…… I Can’t wait for Christmas cookie recipes. But I need to have more will power so I don’t eat what I bake!
    Pats to Teddy 😀

5. Dot says:

Thank you for the JFK quote. It’s a keeper!

6. Happy Thanksgiving (I’m from the UK so hope it’s appropriate). In the current world climate it’s even more important to remember we still have so much to be thankful for.

7. Sandi says:

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Tim…and Teddy too!

8. Pam G says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you & Teddy! Feeling thankful for all your inspiration, motivation and tips.

9. Happy Thanksgiving, Tim! I appreciate the instruction and inspiration you provide here 🙂

10. Irene Vernon says:

Happy Thanksgiving Tim from the UK. Time for me to thank you for all the inspiration you impart in your videos on quilting/sewing, enjoy your meal. Cheers!

11. Rose in Vt says:

Thanks Tim! Great picture, and timely quote.

12. Judy Struck says:

Happy Thanksgiving Tim! I am thankful for all the beauty and knowledge you share with us, through your quilting and flowers.

13. ME says:

Hope you have a happy day! I’m thankful for your blog!

14. Elizabeth White says:

Thank you – thank you for the video on the Singer Model 66. I have been given a treadle Model 66 in its original cabinet with four wood drawers. After a bit of cleaning, finding a belt, and some bobbins, I will be ready for a bit of piecing and maybe some fancy quilting. Thanks for all your show-and-tell videos. Happy Holidays.

15. Susie Q says:

This seems to be a different medium. There is no cc – close caption. So sadly I did not get any of what you said. You have great enthusiasm and wonderful information regarding these machines. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sorry ….If you watch it on a computer with the volume turned up it does better. I added it to youtube as well and perhaps you can hear it better there……I do know that the CC on you tube is incredibly unreliable, what I say and what the captions say are 2 very different things but here is the link.

Comments