Decorations

I got the decorations on the tree today.   Mostly Santa ornaments that I have collected over the years, and most of them were gifts.  (click on pictures to enlarge)

I think teddy is waiting for Santa to put some presents under the tree.

dscn1505

My Christmas tablecloth quilt ( it is a vintage tablecloth that I added a red border to and hand quilted)  made a good cover for the tree base.  I had planned to add one of my quilted tree skirts but I don’t think it needs it.

I have several more Trees and I might put up a few more. I think I will do one with a sewing/quilting theme…..I have a huge bag full of wooden thread spools that would be great ornaments .    Not sure if I will get that done this year, but I think it would be fun to do.

For now I feel happy to have this one done.    It looks small up on the table but it really is 7 feet tall.
dscn1515 dscn1514
I think I’ll spend the next few days quilting…….but there is a lot of end of the year cleanup left to do in the garden.   If the weather is good tomorrow I think that is the priority.

32 thoughts on “Decorations

1. Marie says:

I really like what you did with the vintage tablecloth! Will need to do that to some of mine. Thanks for the photos!

2. Very festive! I like the Santa hat tree topper 🙂

3. ellennorman says:

Just gorgeous. Beautiful decorations/quilt/curtain panels. What more can I say! LOL Teddy looks like he’s ready for Santa.

4. Kathy says:

Just fabulous Tim! I love your ideas. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Give Teddy a chin rub for me!

5. Susan says:

Your tree looks terrific. And I think I can hear Teddy saying, “I’ve been a good boy…I’ve been a good boy…” I love the Santa hat on the top, and all the great Santa ornaments.

6. Gwenbrock@aol.com says:

I like your top trimming! Gwen Brock

7. Sherry Southgate says:

Everything looks beautiful, Tim!

8. lorieast says:

That’s wonderful, Tim! I too like to put mine up on the table (actually, the table is an incubator, but still)…the ceilings are high and it looks so big!

I was just thinking yesterday about doing a sewing themed tree after moving my bag of…you guessed it, wooden spools. Great minds, eh?

Enjoy the season!

9. Jackie B. says:

Enjoyed your Christmas story. Your tree is beautiful! I have to say how much I enjoy your blog. The quilting on your treadle, vintage machines, snowflakes, gardening, decorating and Teddy…wished I lived next door.

Looks great! I think Teddy is wishing for a new quilt of his own!

11. Your tree looks great! I also love the horns among the Santas! We put our tree on a wooden box that my husband built & painted so that there is room for the electric train to run around the tree unimpeded by tree branches. We use a real tree, so it’s on the heavy side. We might start decorating next weekend.

12. Catherine Parsons says:

The tree looks terriffic and I especially like it against the backdrop of the window treatment … Well done!

13. Pam G says:

The tree is so beautiful – and the topper! What a unique idea. I hope you don’t mind I steal the idea. And the sewing themed tree – thanks for that inspiration as well. I have a couple of small trees I set up in the bedrooms, so think I’ll do one in my sewing room. I know Santa will come to visit Teddy – he could do no wrong! Can’t wait for more posts from you.

14. Rose in Vt says:

The Santa hat is the perfect topper! Never thought of that, so thanks for the idea(s!).

🙂 the hat was inexpensive and is perfect for here because it is not too tall ….I have several santa Tree toppers but with the tree on the table they would not fit

15. ELLYN WOOD says:

Perfect place for a tree!!!

16. Glenda johnstone says:

Love the window treatments and the Christmas 🎄. Just wondering how many hours you have in your day? You sure do get a lot done!

Comments