Where does the time go?

I had big plans for the day and here it is 7pm and not much of it happened.

I planned to finish my denim bag and I got involved in trying to do a video of how….and then I decided I needed to change the hand wheel on the machine and then had a lot of trouble downloading my video ….finally got it and it is 7:00…..so I am going to sit down in my comfy chair and hand quilt!

If you are interested in how to thread a Singer 66-18 and change the hand wheel, and set it up to free motion quilt I have a video for you 😉

And if you prefer a short video of just machine quilting….no words just sewing here it is

Teddy says HI

dscn1542-2

12 thoughts on “Where does the time go?

Time flys when you’re having fun!

2. Helenanne Judisch says:

Hi Tim,
    I owe you a great big THANK YOU! Your many posts about cleaning and repairing machines gave me the courage to take my machine apart on Friday when it bound up about 30 seconds into my quilting time. I didn’t get much stitching done, but I did get things taken apart, unbound, oiled and put back together in working order. In the past when that has happened I’ve taken my machine in for service, but seeing and hearing what you’ve done gave me the courage to take out my screwdrivers and oil pen and give it a go. Finally had a chance to sit down today and do some free motion work and everything is running fine. If I had gone for service I’d still be 3-4 weeks out from getting my machine back, so THANK YOU for your excellent instruction and example.

3. Suzette Shoulders says:

I have noticed before that time spent sewing or quilting simply flies by, while time on a treadmill, for instance, expands and SLOWS down. Can’t imagine why that is, but didn’t Einstein say that time is relative? Living proof, eh? Suzette in Oregon

4. That sounds about right for a day–start something, need to fix something, go back to what was started=not much accomplished!
    We had a plumbing issue on the day before Thanksgiving & on Thanksgiving day–talk about bad timing! The kitchen faucet started leaking into the basement. My husband managed to figure out that the problem was in the hose (a pull-out faucet). He went to the hardware store 1st thing Friday & managed to have it fixed before noon. Thank Goodness! I guess it would have been worse if it happened Christmas…

5. Ginney says:

That quilting really looks good on that denim! You make it look so easy hardly having to push at the fabric at all, although I realize this was a small piece. My machine quilting over the weekend resulted in sore shoulders and sore neck trying to wrestle all that fabric back and forth.

It is easier with smaller pieces, but for sore shoulders and back I suspect that your machine is too high…..try a taller chair or a lower table …..for me the bed of the machine should be at 30 inches high with a normal height chair (like a kitchen chair) the right work height will be different for everyone but if the machine is too high it really will hurt the shoulders

6. Warm Quilts says:

Thank you for posting these inspiring videos!

Comments