Deadlines

I have been getting notices that the last day to enter a quilt in the 2017 AQS Quilt Week  Spring Paducah contest.   I got another one today reminding me that today is the LAST day to enter.     So I beat the deadline by a few hours and entered 3 quilts.

They are all machine quilted on one of my treadle machines.   I am pretty new to Machine quilting so I don’t really know what to expect.

only one quilt per category is allowed but I had 3 that I was pretty happy with.

dscn1580dscn1583dscn1262dscn1265dscn1214 dscn1215

I don’t know if any will be accepted but I do think I will try to make it to the show this year.    I have not gone to the Paducah show before and I think it would be fun to go .

It started to snow yesterday…..and it is beginning to really feel like the holiday season is here .

I think it might be time to think about some Christmas cards

50 thoughts on “Deadlines

1. Laurie Wilkey says:

You have outdone yourself! That swirly pattern is phenomenal. You will definitely have a good outcome at this show.

2. Linda says:

Tim, I have only been lucky enough to see one of your quilts in person – at the AQS show in Des Moines a few years back. It was truly breathtaking. I enjoy following your blog and seeing each of your lovely creations. My guess is that all of your entries will be included in the show if they are in different categories. Best wishes to you for a wonderful Holiday Season 🙂

3. ellennorman says:

Just amazing and awesome! Good luck with your beautiful quilts!

4. Tresa says:

Good for you!! So deserved I share your quilt photos with my friends you are an amazing talent – good luck!

5. Janie Sears says:

These are great entries. I think they are beautiful!
    P.S. You will love Paducah. I have been fortunate to have made the show many times. I can’t wait for you to go and hear your opinions of it. I imagine you will be picking up several ribbons while you are there! 🙂

6. Ruby says:

You are going to win prizes! No question about that! I live on the other side of Lansing near the airport, are you liking this weather?

7. Suzette Shoulders says:

Your quilts and quilting are SO creative! I am so glad my friend sent me your site, I just love seeing your creations, Tim! Merry Christmas! Suzette

8. Glenda johnstone says:

Such beautiful quilts. I would like to know how the green on gray quilt was made. Is that all free motion quilting or is there appliqué involved?
    I am new to your site and I start smile when I see your name come up in email . I love your work !!!

9. Mrs. Plum says:

Good for you for entering, Tim! I hope they choose at least one of your quilts. If you do go to Paducah, please give us a full report. I’m hoping to go in 2018.

10. Ann Genaske says:

My 3 favourite quilts! At least, until the roses are finished… 😉

11. Teresa Barensfeld says:

All three quilts look like winners to me!!! Thanks for your blog, always brightens my day and inspires me to work on some of my unfinished projects!

12. Ann says:

Good luck Tim! They are all great. How did I miss seeing that last one- it is really intriguing and I love it. What was your inspiration for it and what is its title?

Got our first real snow this week (and everybody forgot how to drive in it as usual) and it’s gotten pretty cold, finally.

• Suzette Shoulders says:

We have noticed that in central Oregon, too, when there is snow on the roads, people figure there are no traffic rules, pretty scary!! Suzette

I really just wanted to try some free form machine embroidery and did with thread what I did with a pencil in my notebooks in college when I should have been taking notes…..I think that it is sort of organic feeling…..and making it …it sort of felt like it was growing……I honestly can not remember what title I gave it for the entry 😦

13. Jan Smith says:

What beautiful work!

14. Michelle says:

Holy Moly! All of these quilts are stunning!!! At least one, if not all, will be accepted. I think the green swirly one is my favorite because it’s so different – mesmerizing. Can’t wait to hear the results. Good Luck!! 🙂

15. Mary Ann says:

Wishing the best of luck on your quilts you entered. I have been once to Paducah and really enjoyed it. I would love to go back again someday.

16. Sandra B says:

Good luck with all your entries, Tim! Love them all, but the Teddy quilt really makes me smile!!
    I hope you do get to go to the show. I have never been, but I think it would be super cool to go, especially if one or more of your quilts ends up in the show!! Keep us posted….
    We haven’t had snow here in Virginia, yet, but that may change in the next week… So often we get sleet mixed in with the snow, which makes for treacherous travel, by vehicle, and when trying to walk as well. It is also supposed to get really cold …I am not ready for that yet!!
    Hello to Teddy!

17. Dorothy says:

Teddy’s quilt has got to go !!!!!

18. Diedra Garlock says:

I love watching your creativity in quilting, gardening, and decorating your new home. Good luck with your quits.

19. Donna says:

Good luck on your entries Tim. I hope you get juried in. Let us know when you do find out.

20. Warm Quilts says:

I love seeing your name in my In Box and checking out your latest project. Another great video – such helpful information if we were to try along with you. Congratulations on making the deadlines to enter the quilt shows – will wait for your good news. Good luck writing some Christmas cards, too.

21. Pam G says:

Your quilts are just so creative and beautiful. I am thrilled to have seen 2 of your quilts when they were in the Phoenix AQS show. Sadly, they are not coming back. It’s impossible to pick a favorite, but at the top of the list is the ‘Teddy’ quilt!!!! I wish I could do something like that for my husband’s favorite dog who passed a few years ago. Snuggles to Teddy and you both have a safe & wonderful holiday.

22. Barbara Favreau says:

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt of Teddy!! I think it needs to come and live at my house! Best of luck in Paducah…

23. I’m so glad you made the deadline. Best of luck with your beautiful entries!

24. Lou says:

Each of your entered quilts are beautiful! Merry Christmas to you!

Comments