Merry Christmas

It is that time of year where I never seem to be able to find enough time to do all the things I want to do.

I bought a great new sewing machine,   Pfaff 230 and put it in the treadle to try it out.

dscn1620
I made a bag with it.

dscn1623 dscn1624

I have 4 more to make and I will be caught up on orders…..then I can get back to some of the many projects I have started.

Remember this one?

dscn1382

I finished the basic hand quilting on it and got it in the wash to take out all the marking lines and it is hanging to dry now……next I can go back and do the filling in quilting like I did in this small section.

then I’ll add trapunto and then binding.

I have an old Singer 31-15 that I plan to get working.

dscn1492

I got a treadle base for it today…..I need to do some modifications to that to fit the extra-large machine…..and then do a lot of work on the machine itself.   I’ll use it for larger free motion projects because it has so much space , over 10 inches between the needle and the column.

Teddy got dressed for Christmas.
dscn1628

And it has warmed up again…….it is 35 degrees now.   It wont melt all the snow but it should make for safer holiday travel.

Merry Christmas and Happy Quilting

57 thoughts on “Merry Christmas

1. Sharron Evans says:

Merry Christmas Tim and Teddy!

Amazing as always! Maybe you’ll get some more old machines for Christmas! Have to keep busy!
    Teddy looks dapper!
    Merry Christmas!

3. Susan says:

I’m convinced you don’t sleep! I hope you and Teddy have a Merry Christmas. What kind of dog is Teddy…I think I’ve fallen in love with him!

4. ellennorman says:

Teddy is so adorable. Look at that face! Another wonderful project (s) !
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

5. Pat says:

Merry Christmas!!
    Lover your stuff.

6. katechiconi says:

Teddy’s looking very handsome! Hope you get all your tasks done before the holiday, have a great Christmas and New Year.

7. Kathleen Schumacher says:

Merry Christamas, Tim and Teddy… Wonderful to see your life/work/wonder…. May all continue to bring you a joyous New Year! With love…. Kathleen

8. Sandy Scribner says:

Merry Christmas!🎄 Happy New Year!🎉

9. Cheryl says:

Merry Christmas, Tim. Your creativity is boundless and inspiring. Ear rubs to dapper Teddy!

10. Pat Meinecke says:

You are such an inspiration! I will work harder this year to stay on track with my quilting projects. Music (director of a handbell choir and a church vocal choir) sometimes pulls me away. Right now I’m doing end of year financial “stuff” and my husband just told me I should have been a singing lawyer. Arrrrrrgh! No way! You and Teddy have a wonderful Christmas!

11. Sandi says:

Have a blessed Christmas Tim! Love the bags and seeing the machines.

12. Rebecca Nairne says:

Thanks Tim for sharing your amazing talent with us. I have found your projects truly inspiring. They have given me the boost I definitely needed. Have a wonderful Christmas 🎄.

13. Linda says:

Tim, I am amazed at your prowess with a treadle machine. I had one and just could not get the hang of treadling. Merry Christmas. Wishing you all the best.

14. Deb says:

Warmed up to 35?! that sounds still like brrr to me.:) Merry Christmas,to you and Teddy!!

15. Nerida says:

Merry Christmas Tim. Teddy is looking very dashing in his Christmas bandana. Wishing you all the best for the Ne Year.

16. Jo McKnight says:

Merry Christmas to you and that dear little Teddy, We had a S&P Mini Schnauzer whose parents mistreated her, she got mad at them, and moved in with us. We had her until she was 13 and she was loved by all who knew her, Jo in Minniesnowda

17. Kelly says:

It’s 35 degrees in Sydney Australia as well! But ours is centigrade to you Fahrenheit! Merry Christmas and thanks for a wonderful year of posting. Hugs to Teddy.

18. Sandra B says:

Merry Christmas to you and Teddy!!
    I thought when I retired I would get all my Christmas preparations taken care of ahead of time, and could just sit back and relax the week before Christmas….I retired five years ago, and that hasn’t happened yet!! Seems like as long as there is time remaining, there are tasks that keep popping up….but you know what…the important things always get done…so all is good!!
    I wish you and Teddy a Happy New Year as well…looking forward to more great quilts and garden pictures in 2017!!

19. terryknott says:

Teddy looks dashing in his Christmas attire. Ten inches of quilting space. . .how awesome! You always amaze me with your varied projects!!!!

20. Martha says:

Wonderful holiday post — I can’t decide which I love the most — your new Pfaff, your beautiful quilted bag, or the adorable Christmas photo of Teddy. Hope you and Teddy have a wonderful holiday.

21. Tine Arendt says:

Merry Christmas from Belgium,in the rain.
    Tine

22. Sarah says:

Best wishes for a lovely happy xmas and a truly well-deserved good year ahead to Teddy and to you, dear Tim, from sunny (!) England.

23. ailsabusby says:

Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing, I always look forward to reading your blogs and your pictures of Teddy. I wish you both a New Year full with joy, peace, love and hope. Ailsa

24. nline1107rah says:

Merry Christmas to you and Teddy, Tim! You are an amazing, creative person–such an inspiration! Blessings in 2017!

25. Merry Christmas! I thoroughly enjoy your blog and I am looking forward to next year’s.

26. Susie Q says:

Merry Christmas Tim

10 inches of space sounds NICE.

27. Jeanette says:

Merry Christmas, Tim. Merry Christmas, Teddy. Thanks for making my days brighter…

28. Gretchen McClain says:

Your denim bags are awesome! Actually, all you do is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share! Merry Christmas to you and Teddy!

29. Sue Kaufman says:

Merry Christmas Tim!!

30. Juliet says:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Looks like another great find! Awesome cabinet. Love my bag by the way. I wonder what it would cost to ship that cabinet and machine?…hey Teddy!

Comments