Another machine!

I got another machine.   I really didn’t need the machine itself.   I already have 3 Singer 66 machines.     But the cabinet is a different story!

dscn1638 dscn1639 dscn1642 dscn1643

The drawing-room cabinet is a model 22 from 1921.

165 drawing_room_cabinet_no_22_zpse67589ca

The machine is a back clamping machine (the feet screw on from the back rather than the side)  and needs an adapter in order to fit a quilting foot to do free motion quilting.   I ordered one but decided to put one of my other machines in it to try it out.

The one I put in is basically the same machine but can use normal feet.

dscn1647

The treadle works great!

Teddy is supervising.

dscn1640

I am on the final stretch finishing up bag orders.   I should have them all assembled on Thursday.

dscn1653

Happy Quilting!

25 thoughts on “Another machine!

1. Congratulations, it is beautiful.

2. Deb says:

I can understand why you couldn’t walk away from this buy!! The cabinet is beautiful.

3. Jackie B. says:

Beautiful cabinet. Glad you got it because it will be used and loved.

Wow, such a great find!These machines just seem to materialize in front of you, don’t they? 🙂

5. Nerida says:

A work of art in its own right. You can see why it is called the ‘Drawing Room Cabinet’. Lucky you.

6. Pat says:

WOW!!! That cabinet is gorgeous!!

7. John says:

It is a beautiful cabinet. What a find. It is like Christmas all over again.

8. Linda says:

Good for you, Tim! Enjoy 🙂

9. Susan says:

What an incredible cabinet! So glad it knocked on your front door…it knew it would find a welcoming home. And it looks as though Teddy approved. Happy New Year wishes for you and Teddy.

10. Cathie Lanier says:

Wow! Gorgeous cabinet, Tim! What a find !be

11. Mrs. Plum says:

It’s a beautiful cabinet, Tim, and your quilting is exquisite as always.

12. Glenda johnstone says:

Gorgeous cabinet and as always gorgeous quilting. And beautiful dog.

13. Sarah says:

Lovely to see such treasures all in one email: Teddy, another wonderful bag, and a glorious sewing machine!

14. Pam G says:

What a find! I don’t know how you do it. So glad you have a ‘studio house’ to fit it all in.

15. DIANE WINGO says:

Have one (sewing machine) almost like yours. Mine has been stained very dark. Has been on my list to refinish but then I think I need to just sell it.

16. Louise C says:

What a beautiful gift Santa gave you!!! Happy quilting indeed!!

17. Susie Q says:

Where do you find these machines? Or do they find you.???? I am almost ready to find me one, hehe.

18. Suzette Shoulders says:

That treadle cabinet is spectacular! I have been looking at treadle machines and cabinets in antique stores for many years, and have never seen this pretty model before. Well done, you! Suzette

19. civilwarlady says:

What a beautiful cabinet! I have a White treadle machine in the Mission Oak cabinet. I love being able to sew using such an amazing (and beautiful) vintage machine.

20. Martha says:

I get such a kick out of seeing all your vintage sewing machine acquisitions (and also love your wonderful videos of them in action — those bags!). Love your new machine, but that cabinet — it’s gorgeous — I’ve never seen one like it. Was it something only a rich person could have afforded?

I recently restored/re-wired a Singer 15-91 I found at the Goodwill. If only I could purchase the house next door as a studio — I could go crazy!

21. Darlene Reid says:

I love seeing all of the beautiful machines!

22. Girl in the Stix says:

What a beauty! I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, Teddy, and the beautiful work you create. Wishing you a wonderful 2017.

23. Cassie Wilkins says:

Tim, that is sooooo qeorgous! What a wonderful piece you aquired.

24. Ginney Camden says:

Tim my treadle is a back clamper. Where do you get the adapter for FMQing?

25. glendajean says:

Ohhh Tim what a magnificent treasure, I have never seen a sewing cabinet like that, they must have been made for the European market only, Im sure there are none Down Under. How lovely to walk in to a room and see that master piece. So glad you found it. Cheers Glenda
    Australia. .