Happy New Year

The bad news is time flies…….the good news is you are the pilot

I plan to pilot my plane to positive places this year.

I am making some progress on the Rose quilt.      I washed it to get out all of my markings  (crayola washable markers all come out in the wash, gentle cycle warm water and Tide detergent) and hung it to dry…and now working on the fill quilting on the background.
A video of that coming soon but here are pictures.

dscn1681 dscn1682 dscn1683 dscn1684 dscn1685

Teddy is helping to hold it in place.
For new year I don’t usually make resolutions but I will make one this year…..I am going to finish this quilt!

I am also working on treadle quilting.
dscn1687dscn1675dscn1679

The new machine is fun.   Here is a video of quilting the feathers. There is no sound in the video but you can watch me make a feather on a singer 66 treadle.

Teddy tried to help but his feet don’t reach the treadle pedal.
dscn1678

Happy New Year
and

17 thoughts on “Happy New Year

1. ellennorman says:

I just love Teddy 🙂 Great quilting!

2. Bilva says:

You are an amazing artist, Tom.

3. Glenda johnstone says:

As always gorgeous quilting, sewing , creating. I have a question for you, a short time ago, you showed a quilt design that you started, it was a center almost circle that then went out in a circular motion to cover the quilt. I am very interested in seeing how you are doing with that one. I loved the idea.
    Happy New Year,
    Glenda

4. Cathie Lanier says:

Happy New Year, Tim and Teddy! Keep up the good work and sharing it with us !

5. Susan says:

New Years wishes of happiness and joy to you and Teddy. Thank you so very much for sharing your artistry. Happy New Year!

6. I like that you are piloting positively this year. That’s a great attitude!

7. Dorothy says:

I bought one of your leather free motion feather quilted journal covers in 2016–Love it–it will be by journal for 2017 beginning with: “I plan to pilot my plane to only positive places” I love you and Teddy Happy New Year

8. glendajean says:

Great blog to start the new year Tim and Teddy. Looking forward to travelling with you on your adventures this year. Thanks so much for sharing you are very generous sharing your time. Happy New Year Cheers Glenda Australia.

9. Carin says:

Happy New Year to you and Teddy !!

10. Pam G says:

Happy New Year Tim & Teddy! Your work continues to inspire and motivate. I so look forward to your posts – thank you for taking the time to share your outstanding talent.

11. Angela says:

There we fly! Teddy needs an aviator hat with goggles.
    Happy New Year and Happy Quilting.

12. I love that…..”you are the pilot”!! Thanks for that positive message to start off the new year. You are so creative….it’s such a pleasure to read your posts and, of course, see the beautiful pictures of Teddy!

13. Rose in VT says:

What wonderful positive thoughts for starting out the year! I’m really enjoying showing off the Jewel Tones I got from you, everybody loves it who’s seen it.

14. Barbara Rasch says:

You are an inspiration to all people that quilt. Keep up the your positive outlook. Am looking forward to seeing more beautiful quilts. New Year kisses for Teddy.

15. Isabella says:

Happy New Year Tim and Teddy , looking forward to seeing your creations this year .

16. Lesley Petri says:

A happy New Year Tim from Australia. I so enjoy watching your works in progress and your videos. Thanks for taking the time to show the world your amazing work. Lesley

17. Neame says:

The quilting, machine and hand, both look marvelous – such an artistic hand. Thanks for sharing. And the best of everything to you in the new year.

Comments