Quilter’s WinterFest

I have been so busy I just have not had time to post.    I have had a lot of interest in my bags and I have been pretty much non stop stitching away.

I finished 3 today to get in the mail tomorrow.   Teddy Helped
dscn1802dscn1805

I am also making a bag for myself….this will be a bag for my laptop.

dscn1800 dscn1791

Here is a short video of working on that.

It will be a while before I finish it.   I have more orders to finish…..but getting close to catching up 🙂

I will be doing a presentation at Quilter’s WinterFest in Frankenmuth MI on Monday Feb 20th at 7:00 pm.

here is the announcement.

ANNOUNCEMENT: It is with a heavy heart that we bring the news to you that Mark Lipinski will not be at this year’s WinterFest. Mark was very upset to have to make this decision, but he felt (and we agree) that it was in the best interest of his health. We whole-heartedly wish the best for Mark and hope you will, too. Mark is very active on Facebook, so we urge you to join him there. You will glean much inspiration for your quilting from his daily posts until we all have the chance to meet him face to face!
We are excited to announce that Tim Latimer and Paula Nadelstern will be filling Mark’s teaching slots! In addition, we have extended the registration deadline to February 13.
On Monday, February 20 Tim Latimer will be doing a trunk show. Tim is a collector of vintage and antique quilt tops which he finishes by hand, or by using an antique treadle machine. Tim will walk us through his process and show us how he turns something old into something new and beautiful again. His work is truly unique and something to be seen in person! See more of Tim’s work at www.timquilts.com. (Monday, February 20, 7:00 PM, Registration #2005, $40)
On Sunday, February 19 a new class with Paula Nadelstern will be available. Paula will be teaching one of her Kaleidoscope designs, “Sixty Thirty”. In this one-day class you will learn to draft perfect angles and sew dissimilar angles together. As Paula describes it, she will help you “demystify” the nature of symmetry. See more about Paula at http://www.paulanadelstern.com/. (Sunday, February 19, 1:00-5:00 PM, Registration #1902, $40)
Thank you for understanding, and many thanks to Tim and Paula. We are looking forward to learning from these talented teachers!

here is the link to the WinterFest site

I hope to see some of you there!  I will be bringing a lot of quilts to show!

10 thoughts on “Quilter’s WinterFest

1. Isabella says:

All the best for the NY , your wonderful work still amazes me

2. Ann says:

Congrats on going to teach at Winterfest, Tim! I know you will knock their socks off !

Love the laptop bag—is that the Green Man on one side?
    Ann

3. Ann says:

Duh, I see it is clearly labeled as the Green Man.
    …😬My red face!!!!

4. Katherine says:

Oh Tim — Your GreenMan is just incredible! You never cease to amaze! Enjoy your time @ Winterfest- those folks are in for a real treat!

5. Helenanne Judisch says:

Such beautiful work. Love the graduated sizes of the pebble background on the bag you’re making for yourself. I clicked over from my inbox to say how great these bags looked and was treated to your video. Was able to feel the rhythm of the motion as I watched. Now looking forward to trying pebbles again, my last attempt at them was discouraging. Feel better prepared now.
    Wish MI was not so far from RI. Would love to see your trunk show and experience your teaching live and in person.

6. Tim, your bags are just gorgeous!!!

7. Shula Mussnug says:

Love, love your work. Sorry to hear that Mark’s health is not as good as it was.

8. banksia says:

Have a wonderful time at the Quiltfest Tim,those LUCKY STUDENTS😀

9. Vicki says:

Your presentation would be so wonderful to see, I’m sure many people will love it. The bag you are making for your laptop; is it leather that you are FMQing?

Comments