“Quilt Talk”

I saw a post of Facebook today that reminded me about the Quilt Alliance auction for 2017.  The auction is to benefit the Quilt Alliance

The deadline is July 3rd so I had to get started on it today.       The theme this year is “voices”    and the quilts need to be 16 inches square.

Here is mine which I am calling “Quilt Talk”   (need to bind it yet)

This  is leather, quilted on the Singer 66 treadle.
In addition to an online display of the quilts, the collection will be exhibited at 2017 Alliance events, including the Not Fade Away conference on July 15 in Herndon, Virginia, the Quilters Take Manhattan fundraising event in New York City on September 19, and in the Alliance booth at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, November 1-4. Additional exhibit venues may also be added. All quilts will be auctioned online beginning November 13, 2017 to benefit the Quilt Alliance.   I’ll post a link for the auction when that is set to go ( there will also be online voting I think)

Teddy and I took some more garden pictures today . (click on pictures to enlarge)

Maybe tomorrow I will have time to start that new quilt I am planning .

40 thoughts on ““Quilt Talk”

1. terryknott says:

You are so clever! Love the play with quilt talk!!!

2. anngenaske says:

Gorgeous design! Well done!

3. Pat says:

Your flowers are gorgeous (as is the quilts). Do you fertilize them??

4. Lou Page Graham says:

This quilt is simply amazing, and your garden…!

5. Glenda johnstone says:

Dear Tim… such talent and creativity !!!what a blessing to the quilt world you are. And your garden wow!!!

Your quilt will be a great addition to the event!
    Your flowers are pristine! What are those yellow fuzzy banana looking flowers?

7. Ann says:

Holy smokes, the garden is looking awesome! The arbor with the two clematis is jaw dropping. And I love the Veronica/gomphrena/Stacey’s combination too. Don’t know when you sleep?

The mini leather quilt is really impressive. How can you get that much detail in leather? Wow.

Thanks …..the clematis really do well there…I think it is the real star of the back yard. the combination of those 3 worked out great the Stachys was taking over that whole space so I pulled out about 3/4 of it this spring and it seems about right now

leather is so fun to quilt……but you have to find thin leather……

Hope all is well for you and your garden

8. Ann says:

PS My phone does not know how to spell Latin names. You know I meant Stachys.

9. I enjoy popping in and peeking at your amazing work! That quilt is stunning! Your garden flowers are lovely too!

10. Anne Kasten says:

Oh Tim
    I am so happy to hear that you are better and getting your health problems under good control. I guess that is part of what happens as we gain in years and wisdom. I have missed reading your posts and so happy to see your work on the machine and the in the GARDEN! my goodness. You put mine to shame.
    I love the bag I got from you so many months ago- I feel so lucky to be an early person getting one too these. you are really on to something very very beautiful.
    thank your sweet Teddy for taking such good care of you. He is avery special boy.
    best to you from northern california
    anne kasten

11. Mrs. Plum says:

Love your leather quilt, Tim! I also like your garden flowers, especially the eremurus.

12. katechiconi says:

I love the rich sheen of that leather, great idea to quilt it for your entry.

13. Kristen Steiner says:

It’s magnificent. And the garden too. And Teddy as well. (Want to stay in his good books, must give him his due.)

14. Love your and Teddy’s flowers. Clematis are my favorite flower. Do yours bloom all summer? Hopefully mine will. I enjoy your quilting and quilting on leather is beautiful.

15. The quilting on your “Quilt Talk” piece is astounding!!!

16. Ellie says:

Stunningly beautiful garden!

17. Rose in VT says:

Wow Tim your garden just keeps getting better and better. I lost my clematis in the last couple winters so it’s especially nice to see yours.

18. Nancy says:

Love seeing your beautiful quilting! Your garden has inspired me to plant some new flowers this year. Your flowers are beautiful and look so healthy. I do have to fight fungus and insects here.

19. Cindy Wilk says:

Life is truly happening in your garden. Beautiful\

Comments