4th of July Weekend

I know it is the 4th of July weekend because the back yard is full of fireflies tonight.   They almost always start to really show up in my neighborhood this weekend.    There are always a few before but so many more now.   I  have tried getting pictures but my camera doesn’t want to cooperate.

I spent a few hours in the garden weeding and since the rain this year seems to always pass my garden by I had to water.   I can hardly wait to see my water bill.

Lately I have only been quilting bags but this weekend I decided to do a few wall hangings (or shall I be so bold as to call them art quilts?).  They are for sale

The purple one is leather and the blue is suede.

I need to organize my studio.    Want to see what it looks like when I get too busy to clean?

Teddy doesn’t seem to interested in learning to clean.

Napping is his specialty 🙂

Maybe I will get some time this week to get some cleanup done.

Have a safe and Happy 4th

42 thoughts on “4th of July Weekend

1. Mary Ann says:

So glad you have a studio that looks a lot like mine, that is if I get it that clean.

Amazing quilts! I hope you plan on entering them in the AQS shows!
    Nice rooms! 🙂

3. Thanks for the photos of a real studio, really being used! Mine looks similar as I ready things for an art show. Love your new work! Hope you’re feeling better now.

4. Jo le Cheminant says:

Teddy keeps an eye on everything for you. Happy 4th July!

5. Mrs. Plum says:

Tim, your quilts are stunning! And your messy studio is a LOT cleaner than my messy studio.

6. Aliaon says:

Is that untidy? Looks creatively normal to me!

7. Ruby says:

Hmmmmm, looks kind of like mine!! Love your posts!l

8. flutterbyhats says:

Nice to see your sewing room looks like the average quilter! Only over achievers quilt all day then cleans their room by night!

9. Susan Sundermeyer says:

Your wall hangings are beautiful, Tim! Your room looks like many quilters rooms when they are well into their work. Enjoy your 4th!

10. Diane says:

wow..I certainly thought I was the only one with a studio like yours…thank you mucho…stunning quilting…on that little black machine??? no…

11. Rose in VT says:

Oh, I love that term ‘creatively normal’ and a good description of your studio! Why is it that clear horizontal space is always at such a premium? No matter how much space I have there’s never enough ‘counter’ space.

12. Kathy Cary says:

Love your fabulous work! Love your mess, lol! Love your georgeous flower beds. You are such a multi-talented man! I know that Teddy agrees with me. Sure missed you while you took a break. Glad you are back. 😊 I so look forward to your posts. You do make me feel like a ‘slacker’ though…just do not know how you do all that you do!

13. Sandi Tundel says:

You made my day!!! Thanks for showing us your studio. I have been trying to clean up mine the last 2 days knowing that as soon as I start a new project it will look like a tornado hit it.

14. Cheryl says:

I’m with Teddy! Your quilting is perfection. I’m happy your studio isn’t always! Happy 4th.

15. terryknott says:

I saw your photos of your studio and did a double take as I thought I was seeing my own space! Thanks for sharing and for making my day!

16. Carline says:

I love your messy studio. I always feel guilty but now I feel better. Creative people make messes! Your work is fabulous

17. I love the purple one with the dragonfly. Beautiful work!

18. Linda Porter says:

Messiness is the sign of a genius so I have been told. 🙂 Some of us have an IQ waaaaay off the charts. :D. I hope Teddy is getting along with all the noise. My dogs are boycotting going outside until the noise dies down. Hope they hold out. Happy Quilting. You do such beautiful work.

19. My friend purchased the gorgeous dragonfly piece, so I got to see it in person. Your stitching is wonderful!

20. Heather says:

These are definitely “art quilts”. You are so talented. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )