Tree Man

I was planning to get one of those beautiful dyed panels marked for quilting this weekend but I got sidetracked with a new idea.    I was working through my pile of fabric and came across this very dark blue upholstery fabric that is 60 inches wide and decided to cut a 60 inch square to save out for making a quilt (I bought it for purses).    Well I couldn’t help myself and I got to work on a design.

I drew this on with chalk (the chalkboard kind).    It is just to get the basic design onto the fabric , the chalk just rubs off which makes the drawing easier so I can easily erase.   Once I am happy with the design I will go back with a white wash away marker and re-mark it.    The white marker won’t rub off like the chalk so I wont loose all my lines when I start quilting it.

I finished the quilting on another small leather quilt (18×24)  I call it “some things bug me”

I got a new to me machine a few weeks ago and I gave it a tune up (it was totally frozen up ).
It is a Singer 401a and it is a great machine.

And here are more garden pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

And Teddy

Happy Quilting!

22 thoughts on “Tree Man

1. Susan Smith says:

As always great work. The garden is looking lovely as ever. Very handsome photo of Teddy.

2. Annette walker says:

Good morning Teddy, I hope you are helping with the designing and gardening.

3. glendajean says:

Treeman reminds me of The Lord of The Rings Tim it will be totally awesome in that fabric looking forward to the next weeks posts LOL Cheers Glenda OZ PS Your garden is looking stunning I hope you are feeling well enough to work in it now.

4. Jaydee Price says:

As usual Teddy is the handsome little man. Such a cutie.
    Jaydee
    P.S. Like the tree design.

5. Wendy says:

Your pictures made my day. Thank you for sharing.

6. Mrs. Plum says:

Inspirational as always, Tim! Question about the flower in the middle of the third row from the top: is that monarch (bee balm)? It is very pretty, as are all your flowers. I’m so sorry your hands have been hurting so much. Take care of yourself–Teddy needs you!

It is a bee Balm……I can’t remember the variety……it got divided this year and it is not doing as well as in past years, should be back to normal next year

7. jean f says:

Beautiful. Tel me about the leather, kind where you order or buy it… and no I will not be mimicking you.

I get the leather from various sellers on eBay, thinner leather is easier to work with….a lot of sellers do not list the thickness so sometimes it is a guess…….the list by the thickness …. in ounces….. I prefer 2.5 oz or 2 or 1.5 …..higher number is thicker and more than 2.5 is harder to quilt…….often it is listed as upholstery leather.

8. Deb says:

I like the tree man!! And those flowers are always a welcomed sight. Tell Teddy he’s looking good.🙂

9. Linda says:

The face in the tree reminds me of Teddy. Was this on purpose? Beautiful quilting, as usual 🙂

10. Quilting Tangent says:

Tree man looks good, Great job on bugs. Pretty garden. Cute dog.

11. Joanie says:

So wished I had your life . Just creating whatever you want to do. Your garden is gorgeous.

Comments