Sunday Stitching

I am working on multiple projects at once.    I guess my attention span is getting shorter 🙂

here is one that will be a wall hanging

Here is one for a tote bag

I did a video of how this machines is working for Free Motion Quilting.

I couldn’t help but take a few more pictures of my favorite lilies.

I can’t remember if I posted about the American Quilters Society fall Paducah show.   Two of my quilts were accepted

Happy quilting

24 thoughts on “Sunday Stitching

1. Susan says:

Your love of flowers is so eloquent in your quilting. It is as if you can magically transform your garden into your quilts. It is a joy to see your photos. And, always, a joy to see a depiction of Teddy or Teddy himself!!

2. Anne Kasten says:

Oh Tim
    Your garden is so inspiring. I am trying to get a cottage border going here in my own garden and it isn’t anywhere as near yours in the lush and inspiring category. I have to figure you have had those lilies for a while…so MANY blossoms!
    I so appreciate that you post about your work in your garden, in rescuing and restoring and using machines, and most of all quilting on your treadle machines. I am trying to figure out how to get my hands on a treadle I spent a summer sewing on in my early 20s when I spent three months without electricity. It was divine.
    best wishes to you
    Anne

I have had the lilies for several years now….the variety is Scheherazade …..
      gardens evolve over time aand that is the fun part….moving plants around and adding new each year …..have fun with it

• Martha Caterino says:

I have treadle for sale…gorgeous cabinet…East Lansing area.
      Hope that this message gets to you

3. Rose in VT says:

Beautiful quilts and garden pictures Tim! I just made reservations to
    see the fall Paducah show, looking forward to seeing your quilts in person.

i think Teddy is going to win his first ribbon!

5. lilquilter says:

Congrats on being accepted into the show! Both entries are awesome but I really love the Teddy quilt – well done!! Good luck!

6. Glenda johnstone says:

And I smile again

7. Mrs. Plum says:

I’m so glad your quilts were accepted, Tim, especially the one of Teddy. Your work and garden continue to inspire and amaze me.

8. Ellen Palmer says:

Hello Tim,

Congratulations on Paducah. Just want to tell you I love your YouTubes treading. You have inspired me to oil my treadles (2) and I am treading my current quilt. Having a lot of fun with it.

I have had the treadles for several years and they have been “dust collectors”. Now they are sewing machines. I told my friends yesterday that one of them was for sale and they said, “Why?” Haha. I also have a hand crank but cannot find any information on it. It is a Helvetia and has a coffin lid with bullet bobbin. It works, but alas is a dust collector. 🙂

Ellen

glad you are using one!! they are so fun…..
      I really don’t know much about hand cranks. I haven’t tried one ……but I imagine good for traveling
      happy quilting

9. Susan Dileanis says:

Congratulations on Paducah. Hope you win something.

10. Sharee Metzger says:

Wonderful! I love your work!!!!

11. Congratulations on your entries to Paducah! I am excited that I will be able to see them in person!

Comments