Coneflowers

The coneflowers are blooming away in the garden.

It inspired me to start this quilt.

I worked on it a little more

I have a lot of background quilting to go and I want to do a bit more painting.

I worked on the sewing machine top….here is the before

and after

Not perfect to be sure but I hope I look that good when I am 130.

Now I can clean up a bit and re-organize to find a good place to put it ….it sews beautifully so I do plan to use it .

31 thoughts on “Coneflowers

1. Sherry Southgate says:

You’ve done a splendid job, Tim!

2. Glenda johnstone says:

Great job on the machine and the quilt👍

3. Patrick Campbell says:

Beautiful and beautiful job on the machine and quilt.

4. Katherine says:

Tim –
    The coneflowers are lovely … and OH! those ferns! Little Miss Singer looks so happy — bet she can’t wait to get creative with you —

5. Rose in VT says:

Wow Tim! I love incorporating my garden flowers into designs, if only I could figure out a way to do lupine and foxglove on fabric…that machine can’t wait for you to put it to good use!

6. I enjoy seeing where you get your inspiration.

7. Glenda says:

Love love your cones in the garden Tim and how wonderful to see them in that stunning quilted top to be. Thank you once again for rescuing that lovely lovely old machine. When I was a child my Aunty had one of these machines and I would not go in to the room which was tucked away in the back of her big house I thought that box was a childs coffin!!!!!!! Her son had died and I thought he was in that box!!!!! LOL I can laugh at it now but as a child I had such a weird imagination and lived in fantasy land with my books LOL Mind you you I’m still there often with my books and DVD Cheers Glenda

8. Sue Moreman says:

You amaze me.

9. Nancy says:

Absolutely beautiful detailing on both the quilting and the Singer machine.

10. clelia says:

I never get tied seen your work, each one of them is a piece of art… thank so much for sheering your beautiful work and extra ordinaries skills.. and showing us that we do not need a fancy sewing machine, you take us to the basic… where talent said all.. Regards clelia 🙂

11. Howard Porter says:

Tim,
    How do you clean the wood so that it polishes up so well? You didn’t have time for a total strip, so do you mind sharing your shortcuts?

And as always, your FMQ is astounding and love the pictures of the garden.

Thanks.

Howard

12. Sandi Tundel says:

Tim, you are simply amazing.

13. jean f says:

beautiful! both the quilt and the machine table restoration!

14. Beautiful Coneflowers, quilt & work on the machine–you are amazing!

15. sandradny says:

I am amazed at your quilting skills. Love the cone flowers! Impressive restoration of the cabinet too!

16. Annette Johnston says:

Tim, you have certainly given that old girl a facelift! It looks grand. What kind of finish did you use, if you don’t mind sharing. I have a vintage Singer but her case really needs attention. It’s all sanded, ready to go but I don’t have any idea as what to use. Help!

Comments