Testing the new machine

I got the new machine set up in a table (I really do prefer to have a machine in a table rather than on top of a table) and gave it a test drive today.

It is a great machine!

I finished the butterfly quilt

Here is how I do the binding.

I enjoyed the painting process so I started another .

I love birch trees and fall leaves

I will add a border to this one to make it larger.

I saw the Dr on Tuesday and there is yet to be a definitive answer or solution to the pain in my abdomen.   They want to do an Endoscopic ultrasound, so I said “great schedule it for as soon as we can”    next available is mid Oct.    So will wait 6 weeks and then have that test and go from there.

Meanwhile I will do as much quilting as I can 🙂

29 thoughts on “Testing the new machine

1. mz&cho says:

Congratulations! Looking foward to seeing those new quilts of yours.

2. Annette young says:

Keep well. Good luck with your tests. Annette, from canada

3. Leslie Sanders says:

Best of luck, Tim. I’m rooting for you and hoping you find an answer. The quilts are wonderful as always! It’s such a pleasure to read your posts and see your work. And your garden. And Teddy!

4. Cathie Lanier says:

Very nice bubble quilting! My husband had a bunch of those tests and they really didn’t come to anything serious. All his tests and bloodwork comes out great. They said sometimes this stuff happens with no explanation. Good luck in October. It will be here in no time!

5. Hang in there! I hope your October tests give the doctors some direction to go to improve your health. Meanwhile, you’ll probably finish the birch tree quilt by then. The butterfly quilt is just lovely!

6. katechiconi says:

Good luck with the tests. I went through a bunch of similar stuff 3 weeks ago, and still have no answers. They’ve sent bloods off for genetic testing, another 3 weeks to wait for results. I find the best thing to take my mind off everything is a bit of quilting! Love your birch tree painting/quilt, very beautiful.

7. Mrs. Plum says:

I’m so sorry the diagnosis process is so lengthy and frustrating. Hope your quilting can keep your mind off your pain. I especially love he beginnings of your birch quilt.

8. Dorothy says:

I find it hard to imagine you quilting on a “new” machine. End result is beautiful, so I guess it works !! Good luck in Oct with the tests

9. Patrick Campbell says:

I’m just amazed on how beautiful your work is and how inventive you are with fabric. Someday I hope to be as good as you.

10. Lindsay says:

I am impressed with your artistic talent on top of your technical talent. When did you begin to draw? Were you encouraged to make art as a child?
    Maybe you can get a cancellation for your endoscopy.

11. Ellie says:

Congrats on your latest win! This is going to be lovely. What are you using to paint it?
    Hopefully they can get you in sooner. On the other hand they must not be too concerned about it!

12. anngenaske says:

I’m so sorry it’s taking so long for you to receive the proper health tests and care. How very frustrating. On the other hand, I’m very happy to see that you’ve discovered how much fun the Derwent products are! Play on, my dear!

13. Lin McQuiston says:

I really like your latest project and the birch trees as well. So sorry you are experiencing pain and frustration in not getting to a diagnosis quickly. Playing with fabric and machines is a great way to keep your mind off your troubles.

I wanted to review your tutorial on filling in feathers. I have some appliqué I want to fill rather than quilt over and thought your method might work. However when I click on the photo it takes me to a picture of the quilt on the treadle machine. When you have time, could you look into this. Thanks so much.

14. Louise C says:

Well, Tim, you gave me so much that taste for vintage machines that my husband got me a Singer 1910 portable with its casing. The seller thought that the pedal was missing so he let it go for $25! The thing is, there is a knee key that has to be inserted but it is electric allright and it does work fine! I will be finishing an embroidered mural that I made on it. As an exciting addition, all my mother’s Singer accessories can be attached to this machine. I do hope that your tests get going soon and that you finally can start a healing process of somekind. Love those handbags that you do so well now and with this new machine, you seem to enjoy it very much. Happy quilting!!

Comments