a finished quilt.

I finished the birch tree quilt.  I used the new machine to do all the quilting and I think it went pretty well.    It is different than the treadle machines but I think it does a great job.

I added it to my Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/listing/555930951/birch-tree-art-quilt?ref=shop_home_active_1

PBS had a Downton Abby marathon on and I am afraid that got more attention than quilting this weekend.    (still watching now )

My Dr.s were able to rearrange schedules and moved my Ultrasonic endoscope to the Sept 16th.   Looking forward to it!

Happy quilting

37 thoughts on “a finished quilt.

Great quilting on that quilt! I would think it would be easier than the treadle.
    Good luck with the doc.

2. Suzette Shoulders says:

Tim, The birch trees are great! I think the skill of the QUILTER is more important than the machine, perhaps?? I miss birch… in our town, all have died from the birch borer, from the inside out. Glad you get the medical test sooner, always better to have medical questions answered quickly. Love your quilts! Suzette in Oregon

3. Pat says:

Beautiful!!!!!

4. mz&cho says:

The new machines did indeed do a wonderful job. Fantastic!

5. Very, very lovely, Tim!

6. Glenda johnstone says:

Love the birches..How do you get so much quilting and creating done so quickly? Do you sleep🙂 Best wishes for your Dr. appt.

LOL…..it is a small quilt and It took several days …..but If I was feeling better I think I could have done it a bit faster,,,,,,,I think the secret is a lot of practice

7. Maureen says:

Beautiful! Great results!

8. Jackie B. says:

Your quilt is spectacular! Hope you are feeling better…so glad the your tests will be soon. Take care.

9. anngenaske says:

Yes! So glad to hear that your tests got moved up! Well done!

10. Anne Kasten says:

Bravo! I love the way you have suggested the texture of the tree trunks. There are some birches outside my window and I look at them all the time wondering how to handle that particular detail.

I am SO happy to hear your tests will happen soon.
    Sending you lots of be well thoughts, like my grandmother taught me to do. It sure worked for her,,,,

11. jean f says:

Love your quilt! Beautiful machine quilting in the border reminds me of the Welsh quilting patterns. Some day (better be soon, i’m getting older) I need to do (want!!) one of these! Hope your prognosis is good, and that soon you can be really well again!

12. Lori says:

I am always amazed at your work. I am glad you found that the new machine works for you. I hope you feel better soon.

13. Nice! I knew you would do well at quilting with your new machine!
    It’s good to hear they were able to move your Ultrasonic Endoscope to an earlier date. Good Luck!

14. mainstreetucc says:

Love your birch tree quilt! My prayers are with you–hope all goes well with your test. Peace, Ellen

15. lilquilter says:

Tim, that is beautiful! I love how you designed and quilted the borders to look like a picture frame. Excellent!

16. Patrick Campbell says:

Perfect for fall. You did a great job.

17. Ann Hancock says:

Beautiful quilt, Tim! I agree with Anne, the texture you put in the birch bark is just outstanding.
    Crossing my fingers about your endoscopy.
    Ann