Hand Quilting

I am working on some hand quilting tonight.    I still remember how even though it has been so long.    Taking it slow to see how my hands hold up but so far so good.    Maybe at this pace I can finish this quilt in another year or two?

here are a few older pictures of it.

I am also working on a Bible cover in leather for a customer

and a leather bag for a customer as well.

32 thoughts on “Hand Quilting

1. The Bible cover is beautiful

2. Louise C says:

Gee! It has been a long time indeed for that gorgeous quilt, but time goes so fast.. My husband got me a Demorest treadle sewing machine but the needle holder is missing. I don’t know what to do.. These machines are so rare, nowadays, nobody has the pieces for maintenance or replacement. Have you any idea of what I could do to replace this? Thanks for any kind of help.

3. Helenanne Judisch says:

Both the quilt and the Bible cover are coming together beautifully. Happy to see what you’ve been up to.

4. Rose in VT says:

Tim: I am in Paducah and got to see both of your quilts today. Congrats on being in such a wonderful show!

5. Amazing leatherwork! And the hand quilting is so unique. Thanks for sharing.

6. anngenaske says:

I’m so pleased you’ve been able to return to this beautiful, beautiful quilt. Well done. Please don’t overdo it. Happy quilting.

7. annette jacob says:

Tim, can you think of any reason why not to use 100% wool batting
    (Hobbes) for an applique quilt?

8. katechiconi says:

Fingers crossed your hands hold up to finishing that lovely thing. I do admire the leather quilting you’re doing now, but as I’m trying to work on improving my own hand quilting skills despite my arthritic paws, I find this more interesting right now.

❤ It is difficult isn't it.
      I am working on trying to figure a way to make it easier, my main pain is in my thumb , bust so far I can't figure out how to quilt without it 🙂

9. Susie Q says:

Glad to hear you are quilting. I seem to have missed several posts so am off to find them. Bet your garden is in Fall mode.

10. averyclaire says:

Your work is gorgeous…no matter what you do. Hand quilting is a labor of love and is always worth the effort and time no matter how long it takes. Your treadle machine quilting is magnificent and amazing to behold! You are a talented and creative artist!

11. Helen says:

Breath taking, both of them.

12. I think limiting the time you spend quilting sounds like it may work–good luck. That quilt is SO gorgeous! I hope you will find it possible to do a little bit each day!

13. Ashley Gomez says:

I just saw Teddy Paducah! I yelled I KNOW THAT PUPPY! 😊

14. jean f says:

beautiful quilting in the top photo! never thought of filling in the empty spots of those orange peels. WOW!

15. Vanessa says:

I came across the leather bible cover. Is it for sale? Dimensions?

Comments