Fall Garden

I started the fall cleanup in the garden today.     Here are the bags of what I did today.

I imagine this is about 1/10 of the total I need to do but good to make a start.

I also got some of my bulbs planted (100 today).     I need to clean up the beds so I can find the spaces where I want to plant them.   Here is a cleaned out bed.

Today I planted Tulips and anemone.  I still have 100 daffodil and 100 crocus to plant.

There are still some things that look good in the garden.   The grasses look great .

Here are a few more pictures (click on the pics to enlarge)

I picked the gourds today as well.

I also bought a few MI grown apples (ran out of steam today but maybe a pie tomorrow)

Teddy is glad I am done because he was tired of supervising.

He is sleeping now……his favorite activity is napping

I am about 1/2 way to my sales goal for the new furnace (thankfully it is still working but on its last legs)
More items added to the 25% off sale in the Etsy store here https://www.etsy.com/shop/timquilts

I think I will try to get some more yard work done tomorrow and get the rest of the bulbs planted.

Happy Gardening  and Quilting

12 thoughts on “Fall Garden

1. banksia says:

I love your garden Tim,it’s a beautiful oasis in the less than perfect world🌷thank you for sharing🌿

2. anngenaske says:

The colours in your garden are still fantastic! Good luck at the doctor on Wednesday. Tell them sooner rather than later would be preferable for your procedures!! 💕

3. Deb says:

Great to see your flowers again! They are beautiful.

4. Kim says:

How wonderful to see the garden, even if its time to clean it up and get the beds ready for spring. Happy planting all those bulbs. Your quilting is an inspiration and your garden a beautiful palette of color.

5. Rose in VT says:

Hadn’t even thought of bulb planting yet, another thing added to the to do list…Teddy has earned his rest after all that work.

6. kathleen Alta MacAusland (Schumacher) says:

You are an inspiration, Tim!!!

7. What a productive day you had! Planting bulbs is hard work–I remember from when I used to do it! What are those purple berries? I have never seen anything like that before.

Comments