Quick Update

so here is the update on my medical journey. I have stones in my pancreas. I went in for a procedure on Thursday to see if they could be removed, the procedure was Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, it is done with a scope inserted through the mouth and down through the stomach into the intestines and then into the pancreas. . The Doctor was unable to get them out but was able to place some stints in the pancreatic duct. (the procedure triggered a bout of pancreatitis, but it was short and I was over it quickly ) the next step will be extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. which will break up the stones. stage 3 willl be for another Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography to remove the stints and clear out any of the stone fragments. I am home and feeling good today, just waiting on scheduling the next step (the medical world seems to come to a complete stop on the weekends 🙂 ) It might be wishful thinking but I think just having the stints in is making it better, and reducing the constant pain I had.

So it looks like it will be all done by sometime this winter.

Meanwhile the cold crisp November mornings are reminding me of my favorite Christmas Story

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Will be posting some quilting right after the holiday

42 thoughts on “Quick Update

1. Ruby says:

Thanks for the update and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

2. Kathy Roloff says:

I am so glad that the problem has been found and can be cured. You will be in tip top shape by next gardening season. Best wishes for the holidays and a kiss on the cheek for Teddy!

3. Teresa Barensfeld says:

Good to hear you’re feeling better. Best wishes for a complete recovery very soon!

4. Pat says:

Glad you are feeling better at the present time. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

5. Maureen Jackson says:

Tim, I’m so glad you are on the path to a clean pancreas and a pain free energetic self. Best wishes.

6. Michelle says:

I’m glad you’re feeling better already. It’s good to know what the problem is so now you know how to tackle it. “A Christmas Memory” is one of my favorite stories, too. These cool, fall days always make me think of Buddy and Sook and “fruitcake weather”. 🙂

7. Helenanne Judisch says:

Thank you for the update. Have been wondering how you made out with the procedure. Prayers as you continue this journey to restored health and freedom from pain.

8. Glenda johnstone says:

Hi Tim,
    So glad to get your medical update, and to hear some good news. Yes the stints do make you feel better! The ERCP is a very precise procedure and the pancreatitis after is sometimes expected. I am so relieved that you are on your way to recovery. I hope you feel well enough to continue your quilting, I love seeing your work,
    Take it from a retired RN not only does the medical profession come to a full halt on the weekends, but then there is thanksgiving, then Christmas, then new years.
    I said quite a few prayers for you, and will continue to do so.
    Glenda

9. Theresa Powers says:

Great news Tim. Will keep praying for a speedy, painfree recovery! Happy Thanksgiving!

10. anngenaske says:

Thank you for the update, Tim. Have been thinking of you. Enjoy your holiday and your family. Please keep us posted on your journey. Best,

11. Jaye says:

Take care, be warm, enjoy the holidays.

12. jean f says:

I’m so glad you are getting some temporary relief from the stints, and hope that you soon will be SO much better! Or should I say SEW much better?

13. averyclaire says:

Pancreatitis is truly painful….glad the stints are helping. Sending prayers for continued healing for you!

14. Deb says:

Happy thanksgiving! Wishing you a pain free day!

15. Lindsay says:

Good news. Your brave patience is paying off. I am so glad. Happy Thanksgiving!

16. Dee Spillane says:

I hope all goes well and before Christmas. Love your blog, Teddy, you and your art and projects. I seldom comment and am far behind on social media stuff so just saw you were going through this. Two friends have tod me how painful it was. Thinking of you and hopping for less pain too. Hugs and love

17. Lesley Petri says:

Wishing you a very speedy recovery. No pain will be thrilling. After following your sewing and gardening blog for so long I really miss you when you don’t post. Best wishes

18. Barbara says:

It sounds like the end is in sight, too bad it couldn’t have been done in one procedure. Happy Thanksgiving Tim!

19. Cathie Lanier says:

Happy Thanksgiving, Tim and Teddy! Get your procedures done through the winter and you will be all ready for your gardening in the spring. Take care of yourself!

20. Ann says:

What a relief to hear from you and to know that you are making progress. It has been such an ordeal for you. Hoping that each day will be less painful and you will return to feeling well again. Thanks for sharing the Christmas Story, too.
    Pats to Teddy!

21. annette jacob says:

Tim, this all sounds really good. And I’m feeling like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel…hoping you, too, feel the same way. So great you already have been experiencing some relief. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

22. stephanie says:

It sounds like you’ve had a rough time, but I hope things will be getting better soon! Happy Thanksgiving!

23. mary littfin says:

I hope you feel better soon Tim. And, I wish you and Teddy a wonderful Thanksgiving. I look forward to see what quilting you’ve been working on.

24. gijane279-Liz says:

I’m sorry to hear the procedure didn’t go quite as expected, but am glad they were able to move to plan B… Praying all goes well with the additional procedure, modern medicine is amazing! Happy almost Thanksgiving to you too! Liz

25. Dixie says:

Hope you get this all behind you soon so you can concentrate on the fun stuff in your life! Sending you hugs and positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

26. Susan Dileanis says:

Thanks for giving us an update. You have been in my prayers every day. All the best for a quick recovery.

27. Isabella says:

Wishing you all the best Tim

28. flutterbyhats says:

Oì that sounded that it must have taken a lot out of you. They use to say the mind always goes first but I don’t think so! I hope you are able to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family! I am hoping you continue to be in less pain. Take care

29. quilter37 says:

Thank you for the great story. Never heard it before and I really enjoyed it. Hope all goes well with you.

30. Sarah says:

Dear Tim, Very best wishes from England for the holidays and speedy transition to pain-free and healthy. Keep on keeping on. I feel sure Teddy will nurse you very well!

31. katechiconi says:

I wish you a full and speedy recovery, and hope that by Christmas the pain will be just a memory…

32. Kate says:

Get well soon, glad the pain has eased and you are more comfortable, and hoping you can enjoy some stitching through your recovery.

33. mz&cho says:

Hope you feel better! Take care and all the best wishes from us two!

34. Rose in VT says:

Glad to hear you’re making progress on the medical issue. Happy Thanksgiving and feel better soon! Take care.

35. Mardee Dowdy says:

Wishing you a happy holiday and only the very best, Tim.

36. ELLYN WOOD says:

My goodness!  Have never heard of this!  Sounds dreadful!  Wishing you the very best.  Sounds like your Drs are very skilled and knowledgeable.

37. Louise C says:

Glad that it went smoothly and that it will be history when spring comes back. Us, me and DH, it was flu vaccines this morning. It seems to work since we did not get flu for at least 10 years now, both of us. Never miss a year.

38. Nancy says:

Wow…you did good just remembering those words let alone spelling them! Glad you are feeling better. Quilt on… you and Teddy and Happy Thanksgiving. Much to be grateful for in our house!

39. Helen says:

Glad to hear that you are recovering, though the bout of pancreatitis sounds rough. Here’s hoping that the stones are removed soon.

40. Barbara Rasch says:

So happy your feeling better. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and Teddy too.

41. glendajean says:

I just hope the pain stays a little less till the next visit Tim It is so exhausting been in constant chronic pain. Happy Thanks Giving Cheers Glenda

42. Gretchen McClain says:

I pray for healing and comfort for you as you go through this. You are always in my thoughts, too.

Comments