Updates

It has been a while since I posted, I have been busy, and still not quite up to par.  But the good news is that next procedure (to break up the pancreatic stones) is Monday morning.    I should be able to fee the benefits of that fairly quickly 🙂 .

I have made a few new bags

And Teddy has been helping

A few of them sold already but there are some more available in my Etsy store here  https://www.etsy.com/shop/timquilts

Also working on a few sewing machines.       Singer W9

it sews beautifully!    It is basically a Wheeler and Wilson D9 with a few changes (they changed the bed length to fit singer cabinets and changed to a 221 bobbin)   Singer bought out the company in 1905 but continued to make this model for a few years.   They mainly bought the company to get their commercial machine technology but the D9 was a popular machine in the home machine line so they kept it.   The paint and decals are pretty bad so I might do a full repaint and new decals on this one.

and A singer 188K1

Sometimes called a commercial machine but I consider it a sort of in between.     It is bigger than my home versions but smaller than my 31-15 commercial.    It had been used with some oddball needles…they were shorter than the 16×231 needles that were called for in manuals so I had to figure out why….turns out that I had to re-set the needle bar so that the correct needles worked.      It is working fine now and it in a treadle base….I need to make a new table top for it since it really doesn’t fit properly in a commercial top or a home machine top.

Snow has been falling

I must say I could do without it 🙂   but it is pretty to look at

Happy quilting

12 thoughts on “Updates

1. mary littfin says:

It’s good to hear you are feeling somewhat better and will be wishing the best outcome for you on Monday. Hope that by Christmas this will all be a thought in the past.
    Your bags look great and good to see you busy with your new machines. I have a Davis treadle in a cabinet that I got at an auction years ago. It came complete with drawers full of attachments and the manual. But, I have yet to try it out. Wish you lived next door to get me going on it. Someday I will just have to give it a run.
    Have a very Merry Christmas and give Teddy a snuggle from me,
    Mary

2. Jackie B. says:

I have never seen or heard of a W9. It is amazing the machines that were made over a hundred years ago! Thanks for sharing.
    I wish you well and hope Monday brings renewed health. Just think what you can accomplish when you feel good. You amaze me with your talent and creativity. God bless.

3. karenfae says:

glad to hear you are doing a little better and hope after the next procedure you will be back to 100%!!

4. katechiconi says:

Good luck with Monday’s lithotripsy. I have my fingers crossed for a complete recovery for you.

5. Mary Ann says:

Good thoughts coming your way Tim. Lithotripsy has come a long way and is so helpful. May you have a good meal afterwards and let Teddy snuggle with you under one of your quilts.
    I’m working on a Spartan and my daughter found my sewing machine parts but of course not the one part I need. Move to Florida and you won’t see that white stuff. I to would like to have you close.

6. Neame says:

Healing thoughts speeding your way. I know you look forward to improvements. (My experience says they will come if slowly.) Loving the gingko leaves.
    Neame

7. Karen says:

Hello Tim!
    I recently purchased an old Singer (early 1900’s) and I’m wondering where you get parts for them.

8. Pat Meinecke says:

Praying all goes as wanted on your next procedure and that you are feeling tip-top by Christmas!
    Hopefully the city plowed all roads that you use. Hubby and I shoveled 8″ of heavy snow off of our 2/3 mile long gravel driveway last Saturday. Maybe that’s why I’m so sore!

Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and Teddy (the cutie pie)!

9. Rose in VT says:

Merry Christmas to you and Teddy! Glad you’re feeling better.

10. Becky in VA says:

Nice to hear from you and that you are feeling better. Hope all goes well on Monday. Your sewing is always beautiful and I love your machine collection. . .Merry Christmas to you and yours!

11. Cheryl Kirchhoff says:

Praying for a smooth recovery and good health. Ear rubs for Teddy.

12. Each bag is more beautiful than the last! I enjoy watching you work on the old machines and breathe new life into them.

Comments