I started this quilt last summer and got back to it this year. I finished the top on April 22 (see that post here)
I started quilting it on May 5 (see that post here) and I did a short video of the quilting (see that here)
I use about 400 yards of thread on this quilt, and the quilting took about 10 days (between a few other projects).
I decided to piece the binding with black and white fabric to match the inner border. The fabric was sewed together in strips
then cut at 2 1/2 ” and joined together. I cut it 2 1/2″ wide and folded it in half….then machine sewed it to the front, folded it to the back and hand stitched it to the backing.
I used muslin for the backing
The “puffiness” comes from the poly batting. I felt that if it had been finished back in the year that it was started the original maker would have used poly.
Here are more pictures (click to enlarge)
It was dark when I took the pictures but It just came out of the dryer and I couldn’t wait until morning to take pictures.
Now back to work on the whole cloth quilt.
I have got 16 of the rings remade…4 to go. I am doing it all by hand so it takes a bit longer.
Next I can start to add the setting pieces.
The woodpecker have been busy on the suet feeder.
I am working on another hand piecing project today. I have a lot of hand quilting to do but I needed to take a break from that because I can’t comfortably quilt without leaning forward and that hurts. I had surgery yesterday to remove my gallbladder….I have had ongoing problems for the last year and they finally did it! I am looking forward to feeling healthy again. Anyway while I am recovering it is much easier to hand piece than it is to hand quilt.
I started this project last August and it got put aside for several other things but it came back out today. Here is the original post about it https://timquilts.com/2012/08/13/single-wedding-ring-70s-quilt-top/
and another herehttps://timquilts.com/2012/08/15/single-wedding-ring-repair-begins/
and another here https://timquilts.com/2012/08/16/single-wedding-ring-repairpiecing-2/
those posts pretty well cover how I am doing the piecing. here are a few pictures of it today
And here Teddy wanted to say Hi…here he is in his chair…no quilt on his chair today, this is a toothbrush rug (some day I will blog about how to make one)